Careers Programme Information
Our careers programme vision
Our students are ambitious, and are well equipped with the knowledge and skills to realise their aspirations. They weigh up their choices carefully, making well informed decisions that lead them towards the future that they have chosen.
We will achieve this vision if our students meet the following outcomes:
- Students are not limited by their background, and believe that hard work will be the biggest driver of their success, not where they come from.
- Students can articulate their aspirations and how they intend to realise them.
- Year 11 students move on to a post-16 course which suits them and is in line with their aspirations.
- Students understand the purpose of CVs, interviews and job applications from a variety of perspectives. They know what strong applications look like, have written their own CV and had interview practice.
- Students can articulate the wide variety of pathways available to them at post-16 and post-18, and can evaluate each pathway according to its suitability for them.
- Students understand the nature of the job market, that certain sectors are growing and others shrinking, and have considered what they want from a job.
- Students understand how their learning across the curriculum links to their future, including pathway possibilities and skills.
- Students have participated in a wide variety of enrichment activities and feel able to tackle new activities outside their existing areas of expertise.
- Students have had direct experience of the workplace and understand the variety of norms found in workplaces with regards to professionalism, relationships and skills.
We will measure the impact of our careers programme through:
- Regular evaluative student feedback via student surveys (min. annually).
- Baseline and endpoint assessment questions as part of student surveys, related to recently studied content and content soon to be studied.
- Planned assessment tasks in content taught through PSHE. Students are not assigned grades; the assessment is used purely to measure our impact.
- Collecting and analysing students’ intended and final destinations at post-16 and beyond.
- Establishing an alumni network to track students’ destinations beyond Y11 and provide future students with role models.
For further information, please contact the Careers Leader: Becky Worth, Assistant Headteacher email@example.com. Telephone: 0161 6769626.
Our full Careers Plan can be found here. Please also see the Careers Policy on our website. Our Provider Access Policy can also be found on our website.